Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

paa

UCM 8 and outside SIP-phones

Hi! I have an UCM 8 in my inside network and ASA 5510 with 8.3 as a border between inside and outside networks (Internet). I want to make calls from outside by SIP softphone. What shold I do to provide secure connectivity between outside SIP softphone and my UCM?

Does UCM have a something to make calls from web? For example, I open some URL, dial number and make a call? I don't want to use any kind of VPN (VPN Client, AnyConnect), I want a posability to make a call from anywhere using my UCM and SIP-phone or some web-application.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: UCM 8 and outside SIP-phones

Have you looked at the phone proxy feature on the ASA. It currently only supports SCCP IP phones, including CIPC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/unified_comm_phoneproxy.html

I'm not familiar with any feature specific to CUCM 8 that can provide this functionality but someone else on the boards may.

-Felipe

paa

I know about ASA phone proxy, but SCCP only is not an option for my purpose, because some of my mobile client have a Linux and MacOS. So, I want simple universal softphone (SIP) for everyone.

Can you recomend me some SIP-proxy?

Doesn't exist yet.

Views
Helpful
Replies