Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

UCM 9 translation *XXXX

trying to solve this problem.

 

I am 11 digit dialing in my dial plan to unity. Having issue with doing a direct transfer to voice mail

 

translation pattern:

*XXXX

transformation mass

XXXX

prefix

*1678507

 

results

  • esults Summary
    • Calling Party Information
    • Dialed Digits = *0521
    • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
    • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
    • Called Party Number = *6785070521
    • Time Zone = Etc/GMT
    • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
    • TranslationPattern :Pattern=
      • Partition =
      • Positional Match List = *0521
      • Calling Party Number = 16785070521
      • PreTransform Calling Party Number =
      • PreTransform Called Party Number =
      • Calling Party Transformations
      • ConnectedParty Transformations
      • Called Party Transformations
  • Alternate Matches
    • Partition :Name= Atlanta-Xlate-VM-PT
      • Pattern
        • Pattern = *XXXX
        • Pattern Type = Translation
        • TranslationPartition = [2617faab-05bf-ec04-3c58-242dad4ba1ee]
        • CallManager Device Type = AccessDevice
        • PatternPrecedenceLevel = PlDefault
        • PatternRouteClass = RouteClassDefault
        • RouteNextHopByCgpn = false

 

now if I change it *0521 everything works as design.  what am I missinig.

change it to *052X -  does not work

change it to *052[1] works of course

change it to *052[01] does not work

 

looks like it not getting pass the translation.

I have a cti route point with forward all to vm (this part test ok)

*1XXXXXXXXXX

13 REPLIES
Bronze

Not sure exactly what you are

Not sure exactly what you are trying to translate here!

Do you want *0521 to become *16785070521?

If so edit the 'Translation Pattern' to '*.XXXX'

Then on your 'Called Party Transformation' Set the 'Discard Digits' to 'PreDot', then set 'Prefix Digits' to '*1678507'

New Member

yes, I try that way with same

yes, I try that way with same results. 

  • Results Summary
    • Calling Party Information
    • Dialed Digits = *0521
    • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
    • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
    • Called Party Number = *6785070521
    • Time Zone = Etc/GMT
    • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
    • TranslationPattern :Pattern=
      • Partition =
      • Positional Match List = *0521
      • Calling Party Number = 16785070521
      • PreTransform Calling Party Number =
      • PreTransform Called Party Number =
      • Calling Party Transformations
      • ConnectedParty Transformations
      • Called Party Transformations
        • Called Party Mask =
        • Discard Digits Instruction =
        • Prefix =
        • Called Number =
  • Alternate Matches
    • Partition :Name= Atlanta-Xlate-VM-PT
      • Pattern
        • Pattern = *.XXXX
        • Pattern Type = Translation
        • TranslationPartition = [972728d3-9acc-fe0c-90a9-bab87a2daedd]
        • CallManager Device Type = AccessDevice
        • PatternPrecedenceLevel = PlDefault
        • PatternRouteClass = RouteClassDefault
        • RouteNextHopByCgpn = false
Bronze

In your above DNA your called

In your above DNA your called party number is *6785070521 ?

Did you not want it to be: *16785070521 ?

If you look at the Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number, it means it's trying to dial something that does not exist.

New Member

with the "*", its going to vm

with the "*", its going to vm.  even if the ext is wrong unity should still answer.
 

Bronze

So is this resolved or not?

So is this resolved or not?

New Member

no its not resolved, I have a

no its not resolved, I have a lot users with ext starting with "0".   may need to open an tac case now

Bronze

I asked before did you want 

I asked before did you want *0521 to become *16785070521?

In the DNA you posted  *6785070521 was displayed with a result of 'Unallocated Number'

So if it was *16785070521 would it match something and work?

When you say with the "*" it is going to VM? What do you mean?

New Member

Yes, I want it to become

Yes, I want it to become *16785070521

I am using the same translation and I am not sure why its removing the "1".

Bronze

Just looking at the DNA again

Just looking at the DNA again and the *.XXXX being matched in Alternate Matches Partition :Name= Atlanta-Xlate-VM-PT.


Whereas your Call Flow:
TranslationPattern :
Pattern=
Partition =
 

Are you matching some other blank translation in the <None> partition?

New Member

I notice that also, since i

I notice that also, since i could not find where it is matching another PT, I created a new one (atlanta-xlate-vm-pt), put the translation in it and still had the same issue.  I have no null PT on the system.  the orignal was atlanta-xlate-pt

 

anyway I think I am hitting a bug or something.

 

thanks

Bronze

The only thing I can think to

The only thing I can think to suggest is to check Call Routing, Route Plan Report. See if you can see anything rogue!

I assume you as you have added a new partition you have added to the appropriate CSS’s?

New Member

yes i did all of that... here

yes i did all of that... 

here is the head scratcher....

I have another xlate which allow for 4 digit dialing to users line (long story on why it was design this way).  all lines has a 11 digit extension.  this works with no issues.

05[1-9]X (atlanta-xlate-pt)

prefix 1678507

 

int the CSS

ip-phone-pt

atlanta-xlate-vm-pt

atlanta-xlate-pt

vm-pt

 

this is the order  in the css

 

New Member

ok  here is what I found so

ok  here is what I found so far.

if the ext start with a "0" the wild card will not work (etc  XXXX), I have to put in the exact number in the translation.

other then that everything else works...  Now I need to find out whats causing this.

 

thanks

407
Views
0
Helpful
13
Replies
CreatePlease to create content