cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM bug report

paracleitos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a call manager bug. I am not goign to open a TAC case for this, because Cisco is charging us for TAC cases. This relates to CM 4.1.3 as well

as 6.0 and maybe 6.1 as well.

Let's take a look at an example. You have Calling search space X containing partition A. Calling search space Y contains partition B. There is a translation pattern in partition A. An incomming gateway has a calling search space X, which ony contains the translation pattern. The translation pattern has a calling search space Y. There is also a CTI port in partition B.

When you perform a call through the gateway to the CTI port you get a busy tone. The only solution is to assign a calling search space to the original gateway which contains both partitions A and B.

This is not specific to any specific scenario or call manager service release. It alwas appears once a CTI port gets involved.

You don't believe? just test it and you will see.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you map this out farther with examples?

Well, I can only add useless information, but

if you want an example, why not. An external number from PSTN calls through the gateway and dials for example 1 902 123 4567. The incoming gateway has a calling search space X.

There is an incoming translation pattern doing 1902123XXXX-> called number mask XXXX.

The transation pattern is in partition A. And has a calling search space Y. This CSS includes partition B only.

We also have a CTI route point 4567 and CTI port 4568. They are both in partiton B.

If you assign it as it is, such call will get a busy tone.

The ugly workarround is this. Change the calling search space X to include both partitions A and B. Then it immediately rings and works.

This is not how it's supposed to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: