cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM R9 SIP link to MS Lync 2013?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know if the latest version of Cisco Unfied Communications Manager (R9?) can have a direct link to the Micrsoft mediation servers for Lync 2013?  For example, could you build SIP lnk/trunks in UCM that talks directly to the mediation servers for the purpose of sending voice calls back and forth?  At the moment, we can do this with an Avaya system (CM 5.2.1) lyncing to OCS 2007 R2 with the Avaya Session Manager server as the go-between.   Can we use UCM R9 without any extra servers involved to link directly to the mediation servers for voice calls?

P.S.  If there's an aplications notes document online somewhere that shows this configuration, please point me to it :-)

Thanks

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

This is technically possible but not supported yet. There is a MS document outlining this.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26800

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for that.  So it looks like they were doing it without the mediation server, but I think we'd still be using a mediation server....and if I read the summary correctly, it's easier/more functional with the mediation server?  Is that how you see it?

Usually the FE server and mediation server are collocated on a single server however if you have a separate mediation server, you will have to point the SIP trunk from UCM to the mediation server IP. The document I sent was integration for Lync Standard Edition so in that scenario its all in a single server.

Ok, thanks. So I guess the answer to my question is...this has been done before and it works and there's no reason to believe the functionaly would not be there with UCM 9 talking to Lync 2013?

Correct, it works fine.