cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM6.1 new subscriber rejected

carl.arce
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCM6.1 running and I'm trying to add the first new subscriber. During the subscriber installation after I'm asked about the "first node" IP and other details, I get a error message: "this is not the first node". I am very sure about the IP address and Hostnames. Note:I'm not using DNS nor NTP. Note: Publisher can ping the new half-installed Subscriber. I've got 2 nodes licensing. What is happening? Is this a bug? Should I use DNS? Any help will be 5 point rated.

1 Accepted Solution
20 Replies 20

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

How are you installing this?? Installing CM6.0 then upgrading to 6.1 ? Or a fresh install of CM6.1?

Hu Mattew, this is a fresh install of CM6.1.

Any help well be wellcomed.

have you already added the new server to the config??

you need to add the server before you install it because this new versions won't allow connections from any server that is not previously configured

are you using the NIC 1 for the PUB??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Carl,

I am not much aware of the installations, however I remeber reading something about the Security Password which is used to communicate between the first node and subsequent nodes.

Check if the passwords are same on both the nodes.

Also note that you must define any subsequent nodes in the first node [publisher]Administration Server Configuration window before you can install the callmanager on the subsequent server.

So check if that's done.

Can anyone else verify this, since I am not mcuh aware of the UCM installation.

Sushil

Hi all,

I'm very sure about the security password and I have defined the Subscriber in the First Node (Pub) but the behavior is the same: "this is not the First Node" message. I have tried using a fake Hostname and then a fake IP and I allways get the same message. Any help or any idea will be usefull for me.

Note: When the dialog box ask for the "First Node Hostname", should I write "Publisher" o should I write the real "linux hostname" ? I mean the hostname we see at the linux text console? Or what?

Could any PDI or privileged Cisco user review internal Cisco documentation to see if this issue has been reported previously?

I'm using CUCM 6.1

you need to type in the PUB's hostname and in the PUB add the SUB also using the hostname you assigned to the server

verify all the services are running, that you have available CUCM node licenses and that your DNS resolution is working properly

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Any other idea? I just finish trying the last suggestion and I get the same result.

I'm using CM 6.1.1.1000-1, any bug related to?

Can i just ask what platform you're installing this on?? If this is extremely urgent may i suggest installing 6.0 then upgrading to 6.1??

Publisher platform:

MCS7835H2-K9-CMA2 (HP brand server)

Subscriber platform:

MCS-7835-H1-IPC1 (HP brand server)

Could you tell me why are you suggesting to install 6.0 and then upg to 6.1? Do you have any similar event?

Any help well be wellcomed.

Hi experts:

Should the "CUCM name" in the attached diagram be the same as the real "hostname"? Could I change it on the Pub in production?

that name if you're going to use a name does need to be the hostname, if not as a best practice use the IP from the server to avoid DNS reliance

BTW DNS does not support _ in the names, we recommend to avoid using it for anything you want to have DNS resolution

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

hi,

Can you please share the security password with us if you don't have any issues.

>> Sushil

As suggested by Jaime please use the IP address everywhere

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: