cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCUM 9 questions

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I have trying with much difficulty to gather information about CUCM 9.  If anyone can answer these questions, I would be greatly appreciative.

One Touch Call Recording - I know this is a new feature and requires a MediaSense server.  Does anyone know how this is licensed?  Also, is there anything else, such as a third party application, that is necessary to take advantage of this feature?  Can you initiate the call recording if you are using single number reach and on your cell phone?  Can you control the metadata associated with these recordings; for example, can a user type in a unique number to associate the recorded call with a file?  Can the recordings be automatically emailed to the person who recorded them?

Webex - How is webex licensed if you go with the webex in the cloud subscription?  How many users would you need to justify an onsite webex server?

Does anyone have a quick list of all features built in to CUCM9 regardless of licensing?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately until the product is FCS'ed (or documentation is published) all that kind of information is not publicly available and cannot be discussed in public forums. Engage your account team for this matter.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I had no idea it was innappropriate to ask specifics about 9, so I will refrain until it is finally released.  I do have one question though based on previous releases of Call Manager.

Is it okay to use a previous release of Call Manager Express for SRST in your remote offices if your CUCM server is on a higher version?

No worries, if you have access to partner forums, then you can try there, but not on CSC which is public. Otherwise, you can reach your AM for assistance on those questions.

There is no real dependency between SRST versions and CUCM versions, it really is more based on what phone models and features I want, and what SRST version is the minimum that supports that.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java