Views
Helpful
Replies

Un-hang the extension you are dialing to in CUCM 8.5 and IP Phones 7942G

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

I have a client that wants to be able to un-hang (I don' t know how to say it) the extension the person is dialing to. For example, if person A calls person B, but person B is not answering, caller A wants to be able to un-hang person B's extension and ask 'are you there' or something similar. The phones are 7942G and the CUCM is 8.5. How is this done? Thanks in advanced!

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to look into Intercom feature for that.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for reply. Will it be necessary to add the Intercom button to each phone in order to achieve this?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try intercom using the whisper feature, refer to the features and services guide for CUCM 8.5.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for replying. If caller A is calling to main directory number of caller B, how can caller A invoke the Intercom on the same call? As far as I understand, in order to use the Intercom you have to dial the Intercom. Please guide me through this. thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: