Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Add 7942 IP Phone

tangwingto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My Call Manager version is 4.1(3)sr5b. I have tried to add 7942 phone firmware to the Call manager according to Cisco provided installation procedure.

After the EXE run and service restarted, I could find the Cisco 7942 on the list box under device-->phone when searching for device type.

How ever, when I tried to add phone, Cisco 7942 was not on the list.

Please kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Toe

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Toe,

When you mention adding the new firmware, was it via a new Device Pak?

If so, you  would need to schedule a time to give this a try. There is a need to ***reboot when adding support for a "new" device type;

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

**When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully.   A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

If installing on a Cisco Unified CallManager version earlier than 4.1(3)sr2, the following message will be displayed: “Install on all nodes is required.  All nodes will be rebooted as part of the installation.

If installing on Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)sr2 (recommended), the following message will be displayed: "Install on Publisher and TFTP server is required.  Installation on all nodes is highly recommended."   ***A clusterwide install/reboot is required.

From these older Device Pack Notes (this would be for your DevPak as well

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-43_readme.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: