Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to boot VG224

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I have a VG224 which I can't boot.

When it tried to boot, it says it can't find an IOS image, and drops me at the rommon prompt.

Doing a "dir slot0:" in rommon gives me one of two messages. Either:

- dir: cannot open device "slot0:"

Or

open: file "c2400-atafslib-m" not found

open(): Open Error = -1

loadprog: error - on file open

cannot load the monitor library "slot0:%c2400-atafslib-m" for device: slot0:

dir: cannot open device "slot0:"

I've tried different compact flash cards (used previously in other Cisco devices and having copied across the VG224 firmware)

I've tried doing a "Reset" between the swapping of the compact flash cards, and still no joy.

I've tried reformating a flash card on a XP machine as FAT and copying the VG224 firmware onto that, but still the same.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ross,

If u have another VG224 , try doing format by inserting problematic flash and then , do format slot0:

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ross,

If u have another VG224 , try doing format by inserting problematic flash and then , do format slot0:

regds,

aman

For some reason, it seems that VG22's have a special format on the compact flash that only VG224s can write. It looks like DOS FAT, but isn't.

*sigh*

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Ross,

I was just referring the below link.Since Formatting flash is not possible from Rommon, that is the reason , I told u to use another VG224.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg224/software/configuration/guide/scgappb.html

regds,

aman

So what is the solution if we don't have another VG224?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: