Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to carry out the installation of CUCM 6.1.2 BE on 7828H series

Dear All

After a 250Gb Harddisk crash i purchased two new 500 Gb  HDD each, I am trying to install the 6.1.2 CUCM application with unity

using the media provided with the MCS 7828 H Series server.

But the Installation fails with "Exception Occured" afther the Partitioning and during the communication manager installation process.

File "/usr/libanaconda/gui.py", line 768, in nextClicked

sell dispatch.gotoNext()

File......

IMG0226A.jpgIMG0228A.jpg

Attached are the Images of the error,

If any one has the workaround for this kindly let me know at the earliest. I tried to search for such a failure in CUCM but not found.

This server was running with the same version for the past 4 years and now i faced the problem after the Harddisk failure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

magmaemployee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, i finally solved the issue. In my case, we had a faulty dvd drive on the 7828H3 and figured using a usb dvd drive would help.

It didn't and kept coming up with your error and screenshots. Trying to use a bootable usb drive also gives you errors. We eventually replaced the dvd drive and it booted to dvd and installed normally without bringing up the red hat gui.

The moment you run into the red hat gui, thats the first sign of trouble. Hope this helps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

magmaemployee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I just ran into the same issue! Been battling it for days. Have you been able to resolve this? Please share

magmaemployee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, i finally solved the issue. In my case, we had a faulty dvd drive on the 7828H3 and figured using a usb dvd drive would help.

It didn't and kept coming up with your error and screenshots. Trying to use a bootable usb drive also gives you errors. We eventually replaced the dvd drive and it booted to dvd and installed normally without bringing up the red hat gui.

The moment you run into the red hat gui, thats the first sign of trouble. Hope this helps?

Hi Williams

The problem is not yet fixed, presently i am running CME In my case the problem of the DVD drive was similar to yours and i was using the external USB drive but the problem still continued. I had contacted a Cisco Vendor and they said the problem is with the motherboard.  i will give a try and order for the internal drive.

Thanks for your advice i will try it and reply back. Hope it will resolve the issue.

regards

Manoj 

Sorry i could not get the time to update the forum, As Mr Williams has adviced the the problem was with the faulty dvd drive on the 7828H3.

Once replaced the setup went on smoothly, no one can guess the problem could be from the DVD Drive as the error on the screen does not suggest the problem is because of DVD Drive.

It is a must to use Internal DVD Drive for installation, Using a External USB DVD Drive for installation of CUCM can provide errors like  "Exception Occured".

Thanks Williams