cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to complete conference

csmathers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of 8961 phones that I am trying to get to conference.  I can call one extension, hit the conference button and call the other extension.  When I hit the conference softkey button to join the two calls I get an error that says "Unable to complete conference".  I am not using CUCM, I just have a sip server and TFTP Server that manages the xml config files.  Am I missing a setting in the xml file to allow conference calling?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To establish conference you will need a media server to mix the streams, with callmanager that media server can be either the CUCM server itself or DSPs on a voice gateway registered via SCCP to CUCM.  If all you have is a TFTP server, then what controls the call processing in your environment?  Are the phones registered to the CUCM TFTP server?

Chris

I have an Asterisk sip server that the phones are registered to. It is able to register to the server and make outbound calls great but just the conference feature is not working. 

Do you have everything you need on Asterisk to provide conferencing?  You may not find much help here on Asterisk as this is Cisco support forum, but I am sure there are plenty of Asterisk related forums out there.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

thanks for the response.  I have made the same post in the asterisk forums as well.  Do you know if the Call Manager Express will manager the 8961 and 9971 phones? 

Sure, the support for these was added on CME 8.5, IOS 15.1(3)T.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

ai.solutions
Level 1
Level 1

Ive also seen this problem on a phone that was configured for only dual-line use in CUCME. Im not sure about Asterisk whether there is a setting for the phone endpoint and how many concurrent lines to provision for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: