Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to convert 7940 SCCP Phone to SIP

BABARCHE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco 7940 IP Phone that was connected to a Cisco CallManager 5.1. The firmware version is 8.0.4.

I would like to convert it to a SIP Firmware.

So I tried to followed procedure given here :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipp7960/addprot/mgcp/frmwrup.htm#wp1046556

But It doesn't work. The phone always try to download the file SEPmacadresse.cnf.xml and nothing more. Would someone have a more precise description on how to migrate from SCCP to SIP ?

What is the exact files that I have to put on my tftp server ? What to they have to include ? What is the syntax ?

Here is the file I have in my tftp root :

OS79XX.TXT

P0S3-08-2-00.loads

P0S3-08-2-00.sb2

P003-08-2-00.bin

P003-08-2-00.sbn

SIP000d659XXXXX.cnf

SIPDefault.cnf

SEP000d659XXXXX.cnf.xml

In SEP000d659XXXXX.cnf.xml, I put this :

-> loadInformation8 model="IP Phone 7940">P003-08-2-00</loadInformation8>

Thanx for your help

Bastien.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is a mispelling in the file names, should be P003.. or P0S3... ?

Anyway, you can try a factory reset.

copy the .loads file as term40.default.loads

Power off. Press # while powering on. Release when led are flashing. press 123456789*0#.

Phone should request above file and all the firmware components.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts!

Thanx Very Much

It works perfectly.

Bastien.

Hi, what was the problem exactly..the filename or did you need to reset to default?

Thanks,

Mike

The original poster is unlikely to read again this thread since his problem has been solved.

Now, what's your problem? :)

Oh, I just wanted to know exactly what was wrong with his setup because I only want to go through it one time. I haven't attempted it yet.

I'm assuming all I need to do is load up the correct files in a tftp server, manually configure the phone to point to the tftp server, and then reset the phone and watch it download the new firmware??

Thanks,

Mike

Oh, I just wanted to know exactly what was wrong with his setup because I only want to go through it one time. I haven't attempted it yet.

I'm assuming all I need to do is load up the correct files in a tftp server, manually configure the phone to point to the tftp server, and then reset the phone and watch it download the new firmware??

Thanks,

Mike

Yes. You do not even need to manually configure the phone. Even DHCP in a production CM environment will upgrade the phone as long the files are present.

Cool....so if I have a stand alone phone say at my house, as long as there is IP connectivity to the tftp server on my laptop there should be no problem. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: