Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to create backup device

vinayjaiswal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am unable to create a backup device, the error is "update failed unable to access sftp server. please verify sftp permissions". The cucm version is 8.5.1.13900-5, I am able to sftp to the machine using psftp and create new files to the root folder, which rules out the permission issue with sftp server.

The sftp server in use is freeftpd.

Thanks,

Vinay

5 Replies 5

chandramauliks
Level 1
Level 1

Where you able to do this checklist, i refered this below link when i had similar issue in 8.6. I had issues as the folder path mentioned was incorrect. I believe the path should start with / . if the folder created in sftp is CUCMBACKUP. I mentioned /CUCMBACKUP/

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/8_6_1/drsag861.html#wp42653

Enter the backup device name in the Backup device name field.

Note The backup device name may contain only alphanumeric characters, spaces ( ), dashes and underscores (_). Do not use any other characters.

Step 7 Choose one of the following backup devices and enter the appropriate field values in the Select Destination area:

Tape Device—Stores the backup file on a locally attached tape drive. Choose the appropriate tape device from the list.

Note Be aware that you cannot span tapes or store more than one backup per tape.

Note Be aware that if you are logged in through a VMware virtual machine, you cannot back up on a tape. This is because the tape device option is disabled for VMware users.

Network Directory—Stores the backup file on a network drive that is accessed through an SFTP connection. DRS only supports SFTP servers that are configured with an IPv4 address or hostname/Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). Enter the following required information:

Server name: Name or IP address of the network server

Path name: Path name for the directory where you want to store the backup file

User name: Valid username for an account on the remote system

Password: Valid password for the account on the remote system

Number of backups to store on Network Directory: The number of backups to store on this network directory.

Hi Chandramauli,

Thanks for the information, I have used / as the directory still the issue remains same.

Thanks

Have you verified the IP reachability from CUCM to SFTP server and ports are not blocked. Like SSH and SFTP number 22. also the server name mentioned in the backup device its preferable to use the IP of the sftp rather than fully qualified hostname

Post a screenshot of what you're trying to use in the backup device page.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

vinayjaiswal
Level 3
Level 3

Managed to resolve the issue, the server's the common file system was in read only mode, recovered the server using recovery cd, it is working fine post recovery.

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: