Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Find UCT Tool

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am planning an upgrade to 9.1 from 8.5.  I want to use the UCT tool to determine current licensing as is translated to the upgrade to 9.1.  I am unable to find it on the Cisco site.  All searches in the forum's and online show I should find it here:  Download Software -> Products -> Unified Communications -> Call Control -> Cisco Unified Communications Manager -> Cisco UCM Version 8.6 -> UCM / CallManager/Cisco Unity Connection Utiities - UCT.  However when I login and follow that path I only have the LCU download available, not the UCT.

Has this been removed or moved?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

My understanding is that the License Count Utility replaced the User Count Tool.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Troy,

Here's a clip that supports the good info from Brian (+5)

Run License Count Utility (LCU).

• The  License Count Utility, which often appears under the name User Count  Tool,  is used for planning migrations for Cisco Unified Communications  Manager to Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x licensing.  It supports  migrations from Unified Communications Manager Releases 6.x to 8.x  migration to Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x.
  • License Count Utility is found on the Software Download Center under Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6 Utilities.
  • Go to www.cisco.com/​go/​software, select Products  > Voice and Unified Communications > IP Telephony > Unified  Communications Platform > Cisco Unified Communications Manager  (CallManager) > Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.6 >  Unified Communications Manager > CallManager > Cisco Unity  Connection Utilities-LCU.
  • Use UCT release 2.1 if upgrading to 9.1(1).
  • Use LCU release 9.1.2 if upgrading to 9.1(1a) or 9.1(2).
  • Submit the License Count Utility output to licensing@cisco.com and request a Pre-Upgrade License Review to receive license migration counts for premigration planning.
  • If you are using LCU Release 2.1, also include the From and To Unified Communications Manager release; the From License MAC, and UCSS/ESW contract numbers.
  • If  you are using a pre-6.x release of Unified Communications Manager,  submit a device inventory (quantity per device type), planned user  counts and, if users will use Mobility, user counts for multiple devices  and the license usage screenshot (if Release 5.x).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_2/CUCM_BK_C9FFFCD0_00_cucm-release-notes-912_chapter_0100.html

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen