cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to forward the calls to unity connection, extension has +e164 number pattern

Hi,

I have installed unity connection (v7.0) and integrated with active directory, and callmanager (v7.0) integrated with active directory and created user device profile for all users and having +e164 numbers for the extension. In unity connection i have users imported from active directory without +.

Much appreciated if anyone can provide solution/work around for the following

1. I cant send voce messages to unity ( extension on unity is without + and in cucm its with +), so want to know how to remove this + while forwarding calls to unity, i tried with translation pattern, but didnt work

2. unable to retirve voice mail. if am clicking the message button, it playing the default greeting, not asking to enter the id or pin number so that i can check my voice message (it should ask only to enter the pin while calling from known extension)

any help on these issues is highly appreciated.?

Regards.

Shakkir

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to specify the E.164 formatted number in the Alternate Extension and Message Waiting Indicator Destination fields on the mailbox to make this work.

I have similar issue.

I have OCS integration with CUPS and CUCM 7.1(3).

I have changed my extension to +XXXX and used a translation pattern so that callers dial me as normal.

Cisco Unity Connection 2 is not able to send MWi to +XXXX;

I am able to configure and alternate extension as mine with the \+XXXX.

I cannot configure a MWi for  \+XXXX as Unity Connection says "Mwi Extension contains invalid characters.".

I wonder if there is some way of getting CUCM to prefix the incoming MWi from Cisco Unity with the +.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Did you find a solution for the MWI issue when using DNs with a + pref

ix in CUCM?

Thanks,

Peter

To close the loop on this for reference, the full solution is here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1216270

In a nutshell:

1) Create a MWI Translations partition in CUCM

2) Create a translation profile to prefix the + (or, in my case, +1)

3) Assign the partition to the vm outdial port's CSS

4) Enable "Multiple Tenant MWI Modes" in the CUCM Call Manager Service parameters (enables calls from the VM system to access the Translation Patterns)