Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to hear voice 6921 time to time

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have cucm 9.1.1, with 6921. user ccomplains that they can't hear voice time to time, call is ringing but their MIC is not working. after repluging the phone to network this is resolve. what will be the cause for this ? how can we troubleshoot these kind og issues.

Regd

$

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Check the cord between the handset and the phone. That's the thing that goes the most on Cisco phones.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Fernando,

what is the firmware version u are using?

I was just refering the BUG.

No sidetone on 6941 handsets

CSCtr37033

Symptom:
On 6921 and 6941 model phones users do not hear sidetone. Side tone is the very short tail length (<~20msec) echo heard on the handset earpiece. Side tone provides reassurance to the user that their voice was picked up by the microphone.
Conditions:
On incoming calls to 6941 handsets the user is not able to hear any of their own voice through the earpiece. It appears to work correctly on outgoing calls, and other phone types.
This affects 6921 and 6941 model phones running a load earlier than 9.2(2)
Workaround:
None. Upgrade.

regds,

aman

Hi

my firmware is SIP69xx.9-3-1-5,

When I re-plug the cable its working fine, but after some days issue coming back

Regds

$

Hi Fernando,

try upgrading to 9-3-3-2 on one of the affected phones and check.

regds,

aman

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try upgrading to the latest firmware?

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.