Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Import user

Hi Everyone,

I’m running Cisco Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2) with Exchange 2007 & I’m facing a peculiar issue while recreating a user which was deleted from Unity.  Initially the user account was existing in Unity but the user VM was messed up hence we deleted the account & trying recreating the user account. I can able to import new user successfully but this particular user account was not showing up when I try to import from console. Any solution would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Try using this tool to clear off the Unity properties from AD; it should then appear for import.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD.html

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaronharrison,

Thanks for the quick reply. If i run this tool will it effect anything on the user exchange mailbox as the account belongs to my Manager & i don't want to mess up anything with his account.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Hi

No, it just removes the additional AD properties related to Unity. Unity won't 'see' accounts as available for import if these properties are set... The mailbox itself is not touched at all.

It basically does what Unity normally does when you delete a subscriber, but occasionally the properties don’t get removed for some reason. This tidies it up.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: