cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Subsriber for CUCM 10.0(1)

Ek Siong Chew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this pretty weird situation here. I tried to install a subscriber for my Publisher from another network but failed always with the error " Is the security password correct or the Publisher is offline?" something like that. But i tried installing a subscriber in the same physical server, it works. so this eliminates the possibility of security password wrong.

Also i check the firewall logs. I saw traffic going into the publisher from the installing subscriber. I can see from the logs that the subscriber is successfully connected to publisher via ssh but still cannot install.

Here are how my network setup.

Publisher -------- Core Switch 1 ------- Firewall ------- Core Switch 2 --------  Subscriber

Building A                                         Metro Wan                                           Building B

Network A                                                                                                     Network B

10.10.x.x                                                                                                       10.26.X.X

I am using MetroE something like a leased line.

All traffic have been allowed from the firewall.

Update:

Screenshots

Best Regards,

Dennis

26 Replies 26

Are the firewall rules incoming/outgoing?

incoming and also outgoing. I check the policies where it was configured as any any.

Let me put it a more details into the drawing.

How much BW between sites??

I'd recommend you to install it locally, then move the server if you keep facing the issue, if the servers fail to establish the replication, then it's most definitely something in your network. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

erm... around 10 to 20 mbps per site.

So that means i can install the subscriber locally in the same physical server and then image out the subscriber to the other physical server?

Best Regards,

Dennis

You could, but moving virtual machine (without SAN) is very, very time consuming.  Can you get the detailed install logs? Do you have the new sub defined in configuration with matching hostname before you start the sub install? Is NTP port reachable from sub to pub? Can you monitor the firewall for activity to see what's being blocked?

Chris

Hi,

As said by Chris,please do check for NTP reachability.

If NTP is unsyncronised in Pub, SUB won't get install.

there is also a bug associated to it.Please refer the link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12250381/cucm-10-subs

regds,

aman

Hi Dennis,

Just guess:

can u run the command utils os secure status and check whether it is permissive ?

If not, can make it permissive and then, try.

regds,

aman

Ah. Ok. I will run that tomorrow as the server is on the other site.

best regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Everybody is suggesting troubleshooting steps.Is the issue resolved or still struggling ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Still struggling. I am still wondering what went wrong. Most probably will re create the sub again and reinstall.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,,

check ntp status as well.

can u share utils ntp status from PUB?

regds,

aman

suggest opening TAC case.

regds,

aman

From the firewall logs the NTP is reachable. It can reach the NTP servers. From the logs i see there are no other traffic being block or deny.

Also in the firewall logs the sub actually successfully connects to the publisher SSH.

So i am still puzzled with this.

Best Regards,

Dennis

yusuf habibi
Level 1
Level 1

adding ip address server as subscriber into publisher before you install subscribers, login into web-gui cucm publisher choose Menu > add server as subscribers.

and then makesure the DNS service for the CUCM, if DNS service not activated you must change the cucm hostname with the ip address.

Regards, Habibi