cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make changes to phones.

MINNSD
Level 1
Level 1

my customer accesses the callmanager 4.1 gui ok, they put in their username and password ok and proceed to make changes , when they update they get the error message.

"Unable to make changes to unity system "Either the current session has expired or access has been denied because of in sufficient privilages. Please close the current window and open a new one"

Using their username/pwd I can access the subscriber server in the LAN , browse to the gui on the pub and make as many changes as they want  which

seems to negate the privilages part.  the session time on callmanager is 20 mins as per default but they can log in and this happens within a few minutes.

I have given them a new username/pwd and same happens. ( full superuser access) , they have changed pc's  , they use xp and tried different versions of explorer to no avail. I cannot recreate this fault myself. Ifthere were a firewall issue I wouldnt expect they would even be able to log on

Any ideas.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skinkmiffet
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem and stumbled across this thread a few minutes ago. I thought it odd that this all started for us 4.1 users a few days ago... right around the same time as a Java update was rolled out. I was running Java 6 U29 with IE8 on my XP workstation. When I uninstalled U29 and installed U26 this error no longer comes up in CM administration. Good luck

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi fiend, I remember a similar problem. Use the IP address instead of the hostname and try again.

If the session Timeout is 20, then check if the hostname on the Admin link has an underscore " _ " sign. If so, please remove it and then try to make a change.

This can happen due to a underscore sign on the server's name. This can cause problems, not with call manager, but with the Microsoft scripts and java applets when we access the Admin page because the the underscore sign is not a valid character for these Windows scripts.

Read this post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/346006#346006

hth

David

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked and the session timer is set to 20 minutes.. and there are no underscores in cm name.

both the customer and myself are using an ip address instead of a host name but i can make changes but the on site customer cannot.

Result.. if I access any callmanager server ( i rdp into it ) then i can access the callmanager gui of pub/or subs and make changes..

The customer however cannot do this , they can log on from their PC ok using exactly the same credentials but once they make their changes they get the "Either the current session has expired or access has been denied because of in sufficient privilages. Please close the current window and open a new one"

In fact i can be logged in at the same time, I can make the changes but the customer cannot.  the only difference is I have accessed the server remotely via rdp and then used the gui and the customer is on their own lan  .

They have changed pc, use xp , tried different browsers , even from a different site ..

We are having the same problem now on several CallManger 4.1.3 admin pc's. These user worked fine last week but not his week

Call Manger v4.1.3.   We dont have underscore in the name.  Problem occurs on both cm name and cm ip address.

IE version 8.

Anyone know the solution yet ?

skinkmiffet
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem and stumbled across this thread a few minutes ago. I thought it odd that this all started for us 4.1 users a few days ago... right around the same time as a Java update was rolled out. I was running Java 6 U29 with IE8 on my XP workstation. When I uninstalled U29 and installed U26 this error no longer comes up in CM administration. Good luck

That worked a treat Brent. Had customer downgrade and it worked fine..

As it happens we had a UCCX in as well for another customer and the update button was missing when they went to make changes..  Same reason..

~~~   thanks for all the replies, all useful but Brent takes home the prize ~~~

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: