Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to make outbound calls from the IP phone

Hi,

I have CUCM 7.1.5 & Vocie Gateway 3945 configured as H323 gateway. All my phones are in 1 Partition: Int; 1 CSS: Int; Route Pattern is also of Int partion...

I have 2 problem is:

1. I am unable to dial any calls (local/mobile/intl) from the IP phones...But if i do "csim start 90503507853/900919922334455" it goes with a delay of approx 15 seconds......But from IP phone i get a fast busy....In DNA the call goes fine....

2. I am unable to make any incoming call also..If i dial the number 043337770 from my cell i can hear that the phone is ringing..but the phone is not ringing...

Attached sh run of the gateway & debug voip ccapi inout..Inetrnal extn is 26 & i am dialing from my cell no: 0503451327

Kindly suggest.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is the IP address 192.168.1.18 correct?

The call comes in and matched outgoing dial-peer 107 which sends the call to that IP address.

Call disconnects with cause value 38 (network out of order).

Make sure the IP address is correct and reset the H.323 gw on CUCM.

Also, you have an H.323 binding being on the interface with the address 10.0.40.4. make sure that interface has connectivity to CUCM and make sure that is the interface configured on the H323GW on CUCM webpage.

Please rate this post if it was helpful.

Thanks,

Luis Ramirez

out of order happnes sometimes due to the H323 binding commands missing

configre the H323 commands for binding on the interface/IP used in CUCM for this gateway

hope this help

Silver

some things to check, be sure that you have h323 bind commands in gateway set to same address that you use to build the gateway in CUCM, and that the gateway there has valid CSS, and that the route list your patterns point at is registered. If all that is true, then you might be hitting the new IOS toll fraud prevention scheme, might need to either disable it or add our internal addresses: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

---

Posted by WebUser Mary Beth Dawson

Silver

quick things to check, without looking at your config yet - make sure you have the H323 bind commands to the same address that you use to build the H323 gateway, and that the gateway has a CSS that allows calls to the phones, and that the gateway route list is registered - then you might need to look into modifying the new IOS toll fraud prevention scheme - either by disabling, or adding your addresses to allowed list: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080b3e123.shtml

---

Posted by WebUser Mary Beth Dawson

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content