Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to perform factory reset on 8945 via # button procedure

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

never goes to step 2

Step 1 While powering up the phone, press and hold #.

Step 2 When the light on the mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (line button, headset button, speakerphone button and select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.

When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the select button flash when a button is pressed.

If you press the buttons out of sequence, the lights on the line button, headset button, speakerphone button, and select button turn green. You will need to start over and press 123456789*0# in sequence again.

After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For 88XX/89XX, press Applications and choose Administrator Settings > Reset Settings > All.

For 79XX, press Settings, "unlock" by pressing **# and look at the lower right-hand corner of the screen and you should see an option called "Erase".  Choose this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For 88XX/89XX, press Applications and choose Administrator Settings > Reset Settings > All.

For 79XX, press Settings, "unlock" by pressing **# and look at the lower right-hand corner of the screen and you should see an option called "Erase".  Choose this.

Thank you Leo for your response but the device in question is "right out of the box" and never initializes and that is the reason for trying to reset with the # key at power up. I ran into this issue when having to connect 79XX devices. It's not very often I run into this but in this case it may be a faulty device.

my apologies....but I never thought to try pressing the settings button while it was trying to register

Thank you! Something was amiss with several phones we had and this worked.