cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unassigned Directory Numbers on the cluster

Feroz_1600
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 9524 unassigned directory numbers on my cluster. So I just wanted to know, is that taking up the space on the disk. It should be deleted or not ? Please advise.

8 Replies 8

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

what is your CUCM version?

I'd check if any of those are being used for call forward (for example when employee leaves company) and delete the rest just for house keeping.

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Its CUCM 6.1.3.x version.

I see none of this DN's are associated with any end devices/device profiles. So how can the call forward work even if it is setup for any of this DN's.

Any idea, if this 9524 unassigned DN's takes up huge space on the disk even though we are not using it.

It does not matter if DN is assigned or unassigned.

CCM 5 and later has "Active" flag to include unassigned DNs into routing table and it is checked by default.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wp1057487

DNs do not take any considerable disk space but they definitely consume system resources like CPU and RAM.

So wat do you suggest ? Is it good to clean up unassigned DNs or leave it as it is.

I'd check if any of those are being used for call forward (for example when employee leaves company) and delete the rest just for house keeping.

There are about 9000+ unassigned DNs on the cluster. Is there an easy way to cross check this DNs if this are call forwarded as it would be difficult to check one by one. Please advise.

Use BAT to export DNs to csv file and analyse call forward fields.

Or you could use SQL queries "run sql" via SSH session, but I can't help you with those.

Ok, thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: