cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unbrick 7975G

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I got a 7975G that was interupted during a firmware upgrade.  Therefore, the screen is disabled and I cannot see to get it to come back on or upgrade.  It will get an ip address from the TFTP but it does not appear to try to download anything from the TFTP.  And even though it has an ip address I cannot get to the phone's web page.  Can anyone help me figure out how to get the screen back on and get this phone back up and working?

Thanks

Please rate if this helps.
11 Replies 11

Hi.

Did you try to perform factory reset procedure?

After that you can try to upload the firmware through a tftp in a windows or linux machine.

Let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Yes, I have tried the factory reset procedure several times.  Since I can't see anything on the screen I can't see if there are any prompts for me to do.  Yes I have tried a TFTP server on my windows pc and pointed the option 150 to that ip address.  According to the logs in the tftp the phone is not trying to download anything.

Hi
Can you see, at least, if phone is getting ipaddress?

Cheers

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

If you look at what I said in the first post, yes I can tell from the dhcp server that it is getting an ip address and I can ping the ip address from my pc.  I can't get to the web page of the phone though.  And there is no activity on the TFTP server.

Can anyone else help me with this.  Specifically it would help if there is a way to enable the screen again.

Thanks

Are you sure the phone is actually getting the TFTP server settings?  What are you using for handing out DHCP to the phone?  If you're using something like Tftpd64/32 for DHCP, the option 150 doesn't work right in there and you have to use Option 66.

No, I'm not sure if it is getting the TFTP because I can't see the screen or the web page of the phone.  I'm using a 871 router for the DHCP and then using TFTPd64 for the TFTP on my pc.  I plug the pc into the same 871 and it gets an ip address and can ping the phone.

So the TFTPd64 is most likely the issue here.  How did you define the TFTP server option in TFTPd64?  As option 150 or 66?  Check out http://reboot.pro/topic/2048-tftpd32-with-cisco-phones-option-150/

Thanks for helping Brian,

Again, I am not using the DHCP on the TFTPD64 but I'm using the Cisco 871 router for the DHCP.  It is currently defined as option 150 ip x.x.x.x.  I am using the TFTPd64 only as the TFTP server to try to get this phone up.  I have the firmware files downloaded and set as the base folder for the TFTP.  Do you think I need to set option 66 on the DHCP on the 871?  Any other suggestions?

Ah okay.  So if you connect a PC to the 871, can you download files from your PC running TFTPd64 using a TFTP client?  Does a packet capture show any traffic at all from the phone to your PC running TFTP?

Yes, I can download files using the TFTP client to the 871.  I havent' tried to take a packet capture yet. I'll try to do that.  Any other suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: