Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Understanding CME connection to outside world - PSTN

Dear All,

This is regarding Cisco CME connection to outside world PSTN. I know how to setup VOIP LAN but want to understand outside binding. I have some points, please help me to understand.

1. What types of gatways are available like PSTN, PRI, SIP (if any other) etc and which one is good?

2. How statically asign PSTN numbers to internal extensions? As I checked some sample CME config, no where phone numbers are mentioned.

3. How to make many to one, if few PSTN numbers are available.

I will be thankful if anyone can help on this. Also please share documents if available.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

2 REPLIES

Understanding CME connection to outside world - PSTN

Hi Abhisar,

Here are answers from my side...

1. What types of gatways are available like PSTN, PRI, SIP (if any other) etc and which one is good? - My preference would be a SIP trunk.

2.  How statically asign PSTN numbers to internal extensions? As I checked  some sample CME config, no where phone numbers are mentioned. - This is done by converting called number to internal ext format by using Translation rule, profile under dial-peer.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html

3. How to make many to one, if few PSTN numbers are available. - Again this would be done through voice translation rule at GW.

Rate all helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Re:Understanding CME connection to outside world - PSTN

Hi Abhishar,

Here is the SRND to answer your question's about CME:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/cmesrnd.html

Rate the post accordingly.

Regards,
Kevin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies