Helpful
Replies

Unified Communication

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Just wondering if i can get some help.

I have the following scenrio need some suggetsions or help on how to proceed.

The customer has basically 6 offices

HEAD OFFICE -- 500 Users

Remote Site A --60 Users

Remote Site B --- 50 Users

Remote Site C  --  60 users

Remote Site D ---- 100 users

Remote Site E  ---  25 users

Each office require a LAN with 100MB connectivity to the desktop. They require a new UC solution  with desk phones for all users.

25% of the users at HQ and 20% of the users at each remote location require contact centre type  functionality with a mix of inbound and outbound calls with reporting.

They have enough rack  space in there head office.

Tey got 100 MBps Mpls Wan bandwith and 10 Mbps at each location.

What should be my assumption in designing? what can be the right approach?

Any help will be appreciated.

many Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

My best answer would be to follow the SRND to see how UC can fit within your exisiting environment -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Tony,

I am new to the whole UC.

Any recommendation you can give? or things i should follow on

That can be a very broad question.  Basically you would be deploying Communications Manager, Unity Connection and at least Contact Center Express for you call center needs.  Your bandwidth seem acceptable for the amount of users but I have no idea what you call volume is going to be.  If you are at the early phase I would strongly suggest reading over the SRND's and then getting in touch with a Cisco partner to see what will best suit your company.

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Agreed...!! In this kind of scenario, the user must ask for help from the customer support team. But before that, the user must cross-check Bandwith for multiple locations. Customer support team provide you the best solution for implementing unified communication solution at office premises.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinay Arora

ClouConnect Communications Pvt Ltd

Look at Cisco BE6K product suite, contact Cisco GOLD partner and have them provide you with FREE solution design and quotes.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Oilyas,

as suggested by Mr. Chris, u need to get in Partner to design the solution.

For sake of understanding and knowledge, u can visit site on  Q & A of BE 6K.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps11369/qa_c67-703226.html

regds,

aman

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

thanks all for the valuable answers.

one last question or some thing silly now.

I am meeting one of there team lead tomorrow.

Any hints what kind of questoin si should ask to gather the requirement?

Team lead of what?

Are you gathering requirements internally?

Chris

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am meeting to gather there requirement an dpropose them what i think will be right for them .

Cisco business Edition 6000 make ssense but i am thinking what about remote sites they just VPN into headoffice, or the just install gateways there with CME so calls can be done locally or gateways can speak with CBE6000?

oilyas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris any suggestions for remote site what will be the most effective way for remote sites and local extensions tere to speak with 6000.