cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications Manager Business Edition - adding Unity Mail Boxes

mfogg
Level 1
Level 1

I need to add approx 200 unity accounts on mass, seems the only way to do this is through adding end users/phones via BAT then importing users from CM to Unity. This only works when end user has primary extension fine so far. Problem: I can't get BAT to populate the Primary Extension box in the End User page. I've different configurations of Line/Phone/User/Phone templates. Users and phones get configured in CM but Primary Extension box is not configure in the End User page. If I go into end user page I can manually selet a primary extension from a pull down.Is this a bug.Is there any other way to setup Unity Mail Boxes on mass?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

It almost sounds like this Bug;

CSCsh42111 Bug Details

BAT: export end user missing primary extension

Symptoms

BPS/BAT user import does not set primary extension.

Conditions

BPS/BAT importing users.

Workaround

None. Upgrade to fixed version.

Further Information

Export end user missing primary extension. Provide the primary extension in

csv file, the insert end user job is done successfully, but double check the

end user after enduser insert job done, didn't see the primary extension

associated with the end user Status

Fixed

Severity

2 - severe

1st Found-In

6.0(0.9901.109)

Fixed-In

6.0(0.9901.123)

6.0(1.1000.37)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Is this in reference to call manager version

6.0(0.9901.123)

6.0(1.1000.37)

If so I am already at version 6.1.2 and still have the above issue, and I have about 500 users I will have to touch manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tommy

It appears in order import the primary extension you have to specify the partition along with the number in the BAT primary extension field. As an eg, the format is "1234 in internal" This then populates the end user which then allows you to import the user in unity. Hope this helps.