Mobility feature is workind fine, but when a call from a mobile phone, which is defined as a remote destination, gets in, only the internal number is displayed, but not the calling name. We are using CUCM 7.1.
Are you using mobile voice access in which the call is coming in from a remote destination phone configured for a desk phone? Is your setup something like this?
. IP phone A with remote destination mobile number B . IP phone C in the same enterprise as phone A.
When A calls C, you see the calling name and number of phone A on phone C's display but when mobile phone user B calls phone C, you just see the DN of A even if on the line of the remote destination profile "Display (Internal Caller ID)" is filled in.
If that is the scenario can you check whether you see only the DN or the name as well when phone C answers phone B's call. Please post your result here. There seems to a bug you may be hitting. Post the exact version of the CUCM you are running.
The gateway is H323. It is configured as an H323 gateway on the CUCM.
You've interpreted my problem correctly. The version of UCM I'm currently running is 22.214.171.12400-8. We saw the same problem when we were on 126.96.36.19900-5. The system was just fully rebooted last night for another reason. (It's a single server cluster.)
(Here are the phones again)
. IP phone A with remote destination mobile number B
. IP phone C in the same enterprise as phone A.
It's funny you mentioned MVA. I made a test call through MVA using Mobile Phone B. Again, the remote destination matches, because I'm prompted for the PIN immediately. And when I call Phone C's extension through MVA, I see the calling display with BOTH the extension AND the name on Phone C. It's very weird that the behavior is correct for MVA, but not for the direct call to Phone C...
As you have mentioned, it is per design that the Mobility code converts the calling number of the RD, to the RDP's number, even for a direct incoming call from the RD. However, I don't see any mention of the calling party name for this scenario.
I'll test this in the lab tomorrow and let you know what I find.
I'll save you some trouble to lab this out. I'm 100% certain that the calling name of the RDP line is suppose to appear when an on-net phone is called by a matched remote destination phone. I just deployed a system last week, and it does work as expected, and it's worked on all the systems I've deployed. This function used to work on ours, but it when I reconfigured the reroute css to a more specific one, rather than the css used for regular PSTN dial. I don't see how this could affect it, but even changing it back does not fix it...
In fact, I have a TAC case open where the engineer is puzzled at this behavior. He's off reading traces. I saw this thread and thought the OP may respond with a solution, or someone in the community may have seen it before.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...