I'm currently installing a BE6K and trying to use UPM, I have followed the installation guide but I am running into issues when trying to use UPM, when i first populate the data under devices all items test ok however when i click "Go to site Management" button a message appears in the centre of the screen stating "Update in Progress". The message hadn't cleared after 30mins but i could see route patterns, voicemail ports etc had appeared in CUCM and in CUCN, i have tried moving on to sites but it's not refreshing the data from the CUCM (i dont wan't to use the poor naming convention of PM_ etc).
Is there anyway to get passed this stage or to clear the configuration without trashing cucm/cucn?
I'm curious, have you made progress with UPM? I've been trying to configure a BE6K with UPM and have gotten nowhere. Between errors, scarce documentation and what looks like just a buggy GUI in general, I haven't even gotten to the point where a phone and user are set up yet. And that's after hours on the phone with TAC, too.
After installing the UPM twice and running into errors on both occasions i gave up with UPM, unfortunately the project didnt allow me enough time to conintue to look into why this wasnt working so i went back to creating csv's to import the users and devices from them.
Bummer, but that's kind of what I expected your answer to be. I've wiped the VMs and reinstalled multiple times now trying to make progress. It would have been quicker to skip the provisioning apps and do everything from within CUCM/CUC. That's what you did ultimately? Have you deployed any more?
I have spoken to someone within the Cisco UC business unit who informs me that UPM 9 will be replaced with an updated and improved product f;or CUCM 10. In the meantime we havent recommened this product to any clients so havent had the need to install it again, i suppose if they were to insist on using it i would test it out fully in our lab.
I started out with Prme Collaboration thinking that was the one that made it easiest, but I had it backwards, it's UPM that's supposed to be easier. So that was the first wipe. Then there was the application user account that can't be changed and conflicted with LDAP, so that was another wipe. There were 5-6 so far.
I'm waiting on a collaborative (irony?) session with TAC (Australia) and the BU (India?) to help make it past the first 3 screens of the GUI. Yes, I've heard the same, basically it'll be Prime Collaboration with the added "ease" of UPM. Since it doesn't work, you'd think it'd be called v1.x, not 9.x, no?
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...