cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uninstall Unity Express

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Voice GW which has Unity Express module installed. It was configured, but has never been used. I plan on shutting the module down, power down the router, and then removing it from the router. Is there anything I need to be aware of?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really. Even if you power down without stopping the module first, corruption to file system is unlikely.

View solution in original post

I never had a problem with the above, but if you want the official shutdown procedure (powering off is faster. lol) here it is.

do a "show run" and determine what your interface Service-Engine port and slot is. For example, mine is 0/0.

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 shutdown

Do you want to proceed with shutdown?[confirm]y

WARNING: Confirm that the service-module status shows 'is Shutdown' before removing the module or powering off the system !

Which you can do by

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 status

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really. Even if you power down without stopping the module first, corruption to file system is unlikely.

I never had a problem with the above, but if you want the official shutdown procedure (powering off is faster. lol) here it is.

do a "show run" and determine what your interface Service-Engine port and slot is. For example, mine is 0/0.

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 shutdown

Do you want to proceed with shutdown?[confirm]y

WARNING: Confirm that the service-module status shows 'is Shutdown' before removing the module or powering off the system !

Which you can do by

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 status

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: