cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(2) has an exmergedata folder

sequan_01
Level 1
Level 1

i am not sure how the exmergedata folder got created in the c: drive. we have unity back up scheduled everyday. the exmergedata folder contains all the .pst files which consumes hell lot of space on the c: drive to the extent when unity stops storing any more voicemails. could you help me out with this? i want to know if we can remove the folder and how to get rid of it. also is there any way to find out if we have unified message or voicemail messaging only. thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This folder is used by the Exmerge tool which can pull information from Exchange into .pst files for disaster recover, removing a particular message from multiple mailboxes, etc. If you do not need these .pst files, you can certainly delete them.

To find out if you have unified messaging of vm only, go to Unity web admin and click Licensing. This will show you if you have UM licenses or not.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

does it create the .pst files while doing a DiRT because i am doing the same on a different unity server where its not creating the .pst files. also regarding the UM licenses, it only shows subscriber licenses. i think we do not have UM. thanks

DiRT uses Exmerge if you are backing up messages along with configuration. It is recommended that you use another Exchange aware backup utility to backup messages because, as you can see, the backup using Exmerge can be quite large.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: