cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) SR1 + Exchange 2007

daiku
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so I know it's not supported, and I'm asking anyways because we can't wait.

For business reasons we've built a generous Exchange 2007 Cluster that we must somehow integrate with Unity so that we can move over all the users to the new environment.

I read extensively all of the posts on NetPro and otherwise on how people were successful, and the concept certainly didn't seem foreign. Today is time to go live and we've done the following:

Ran the Permissions Wizard (got no errors)

Ran the Message Store Wizard - in which we selected the servers in the new exchange clusters with (got no errors)

Verified basic email routing functionality between servers and verified manually that the permissions in ex2007 for the service accounts all appear to be there (we applied them manually to the entire server and delegated the permissions.

Any suggestions and assistance are appreciated. The winning support tip will be rewarded generously, with a minimum of my deepest gratitude and likely much much more!

1 Reply 1

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Brian,

Good to know that you are aware that this implementation is not supported, actually, I believe that Unity 5 was released this month and it supports Ex2007 (just in case you would like to get the support again).

As a recommendation, the things that you need to make sure that you have are:

- The Unity Accounts permissions over AD (UnityInstall, UnityDirSvc and UnityMsgStoreSvc)

- All the Mailbox Stores that contains Unity Subscribers selected on the Permissions Wizzard.

- Send As and Receive As permissions for the UnityMsgStore account on each of the subscribers (AD permissions).

- And try to do a /sync command on the Unity server in order to synchronize Unity with the Exchange 2007 cluster (Just execute this command through CLI where X is the CommServer drive "X:\CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\setup /sync").

- If you want to test this, open the Bulk Logout tool (it is on the Tools Depot) and just add a couple of Ex07 Subscribers to the grid, then do a bulk logout and a bulk sync, check if MWI is working fine and if you do not have VMs on the UnityMTA/Failed folder (X:\CommServer\UnityMTA).

Some good links:

- http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00807cc043.shtml

- http://ciscounitytools.com/TOI_Unity501.htm

Let us know how it goes!!