cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4)SR1 to 4.2(1)

jkelley
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to upgrade Unity from 4.0(4)SR1 to 4.2(1). I have received CDs for Unity 4.2(1) and also 4.0(5). Any reason I would need to go to 4.0(5) first, before I go to 4.2(1)? Can I just put the 4.2(1) upgrade in and go?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can go right from 4.0(5) to 4.2.1 and it should be fine.

Follow the correct procedures:

- Run DBwalker to make sure there are no errors in the DB, fix if needed

- run DiRT

- Pull a drive

- update your Schemas from the Unity CDs to your AD.

- Wait 20 minutes for AD to pickup the new Schemas

- Launch the Unity upgrade or setup.

Should take about an hour or more. If you have a ton of Unity users, the SQL database might large. The SQL database will be upgraded, then Unity software.

If you have failover running, uninstall Failover, then reinstall after the upgrade is complete. For whatever reason, I can not get Unity to upgrade with Failover enabled. (tried many times, and messy to fix afterwards)

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can go right from 4.0(5) to 4.2.1 and it should be fine.

Follow the correct procedures:

- Run DBwalker to make sure there are no errors in the DB, fix if needed

- run DiRT

- Pull a drive

- update your Schemas from the Unity CDs to your AD.

- Wait 20 minutes for AD to pickup the new Schemas

- Launch the Unity upgrade or setup.

Should take about an hour or more. If you have a ton of Unity users, the SQL database might large. The SQL database will be upgraded, then Unity software.

If you have failover running, uninstall Failover, then reinstall after the upgrade is complete. For whatever reason, I can not get Unity to upgrade with Failover enabled. (tried many times, and messy to fix afterwards)

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: