Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity 4.0.5 directory handler

Has anyone run into occasional problem that dial by name does not find the person in question yet they are defined and work most of the time. I have no idea how to get a grip on this.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: unity 4.0.5 directory handler

Hi,

Threre is a setting on the Subscriber configuration page that must be checked, I think that the name is "list on directory". Also, sometimes, it is a problem with permissions and re-creating the subscriber fix the issue.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Make sure that the subscriber has a recorded name, otherwise Unity will not allow to search for this user. This is very common thing causing this issue.

HTH,

Chris

Does anyone know if this is absolutely necessary (having a recorded name in order to be "search-able" via the Direcotory Handler)? Is there a way to change this requirement via any Adv. Settings tool or any registry edit?

We are going to add about 500 Internet Subscribers for extensions that will reside on a PBX (so we can transfer to them out of Unity AA) and would like to use the Dir. Handler and have these extensions also be available for search by the caller. However, it's not realistic to have a recorded name for each and everyone of these subscribers.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,

Joseph

I am running into the same issue with Unity 4.0(5). I am running CM 4.2(1)sr1b with a TSP version of 8.1(3). This one only works 1 out of every 4-5-6 times though. Did you ever resolve this?

Views
Helpful
Replies