Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) W2003R2 Exchange2003 permissions wizard

John Gowen
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I'm attempting to install Unity 4.2 on a customer's IBM Server. Its an IBM X-Series 345 running Windows 2003 R2 Standard. I've installed Exchange 2003 on the server, but During the Cisco Unity permissions wizard, i reach the "Choose Mailstore" stage....when i press next i get the following error:

"The Cisco Unity Permission Wizard could not find any exchange 2000 or 2003 mailstore"

I am logged in as administrator and administrator has full Exchange Administrative rights.

9 Replies 9

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I had to login as UnityInstall in order for my permissions wizard to run properly. I will check in the morning to double check the permissions.

thanks.

if you can let me know.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

What version of Permissions Wizard are you using? Try downloading the latest available for 4.2 located at http://ciscounitytools.com

Incidentally the account you are using to run the permission wizard needs to be a Domain Admins account.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

thanks Alan.

I'll try that.

The administrator user is in the Domain Admins Group. should this be sufficient?

Cheers,

John

Yes that should fine, essentially make sure that that account you using is either of the following:

Is a member of the Domain Admins group in the domain for which the Cisco Unity server is a member of?

Or is either an Exchange Full Administrator or a member of the Domain Admins group.

If the account you aree using meet the above criteria, then the next step would be to try using the lastest Permissions Wizard and take it from there.

Regards

Allan.

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

John,

Just one small input from my side. The account from which you are trying to install / upgrade Unity must have Send/ Receive permissions, lack of which can cause many issues. It's my practical experience. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Abhijit.

UCBNOCWAN
Level 1
Level 1

John,

Just one small input from my side. The account from which you are trying to install / upgrade Unity must have Send/ Receive permissions, lack of which can cause many issues. It's my practical experience. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Abhijit.

Please look at this doc.

the schema needs to be updated and the account logged on as need to have specific permissions.

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW403+/PWHelp_ENU.htm#_Using_Permissions_Wizard_1

pw gives send as recieve as when you run it to the to the message stores that you choose, if it works right :-)

rlp

thanks for all your help people!

I finally got Unity going. but had to start from scratch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: