cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Digital Networking

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

I have an AD with server 2003, and a forest with two domains. Domain1 is current, but I am moving to Domain2. I currently have 1 Unity 4.2 server in Domain1, but need to begin moving Exchange accounts to the new domain. I have a second server which I can install Unity and join to the second domain, but I am not quite sure how all this will work.

- Assuming that the two domains are in the same forest, will I be able to add another Unity server digitally networked, and use GSM to gradually move accounts?

- Could this be as simple as running the permissions wizard including the Exchange server in the new domain? In other words, can Unity when joined to one domain have accounts for other users in a different domain, but in the same forest?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Thanks.

I actually figured this out and installed Unity, did a dirt backup on the existing, and a dirt restore to the new. It created the Users that weren't yet present in the new domain. Only problem was that for OU's that weren't created, it was unable to create the AD user, but did create the Unity users, so problems showed up in dbwalker.

It wasn't the cleanest way to do it, and in the future I'd probably try to not go the dirt route again. The only reason that I did that was really to restore the 45+ call handlers.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: