cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.2 install stops at message store config wizard

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

installing unity 4.2. (Off box UM)at the point of running message store config wizard, lets me select my mailbox location, then goes straight back to initial "run message store wizard". Anyone seen that

4 Replies 4

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

Is this part of a Unity upgrade? I have seen this when there is unity_ account thats corrupted in Exchange/AD. If this is a fresh install, I would look for unity_< your unity servername > account in AD and delete it with the mailbox associated with it and then rerun MSCW. Let me know if that helps.

I have also seen the problem when you have multiple excgange servers / mailbox stores. You need to select the store where you Unity system account exists.

Thanks for your input. The first responder was correct. This was an re-install from a retired unity 4x server. I had to have AD guys delete unity_server name and mailbox, and also, had to elevate AD rights to the Unity/Locations OU.

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

This is most likely a problem with the Unity_ account in AD, delete the account in AD and rerun the MSCW again which creates a brand new account and mailbox and it should clear the problem that you are having, Also ensure that you are running the wizard with an account with domain administrative rights.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: