Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.2 UM install question

I have installed Unity 4.2 and UM licenses. Some people say they are getting an email with thier new VM messages and some say they are not. Unified messaging is default correct? can I turn it off for mailboxes that wont need it to save licenses?

Thanks

Donnie

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Unity 4.2 UM install question

No you can not, if you want a mix of users you will need to create seperate AD accounts with mailboxes for VM users.

As far as licencing, Cisco supprts mixed licensing on Unity 4.2 with over 1500 subscribers, however I you will need to talk to your account manager to see if that can be changed on existing implementation, otherwise you have to use UM license for all users.

Chris

Thank you. Thats what I thought but was not sure. So if I have some users not getting emails, it probably has to do with the exchange side.

Thank you for your help Chris.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Are they getting the messages on their phones? If yes, then I would check to make sure that you are using the expected mailbox for the voicemail.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies