cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.21 sending meetme conf. attendees to vmail??

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

Have meetme conferencing up and working on CCM4.23 SR2 and Unity 4.21 doing an announce and supervised transfer to conferencing phone. If two callers dial the meetme number at the same time, One caller gets into the conference and the other gets directed to vmail?? Also, same thing when I tested it on our in-house Call Manager setup?? Anyone know how keep this from happening??

Thanks,

Tony

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

I love this idea :) Really, this is a great one! The problem here is with the CTI Route Point only allowing one call at a time. The recommended method for this type of setup is to have callers call into Unity (receive the Opening Greeting) and then dial the Meet-Me number (in this case the Call Handler). This way multiple simultaineous calls can be handled.

Cisco also recommends changing the Opening Greeting so that Outside callers know to enter the Meet-Me number.

Hope this helps! You may be able to do something with Multiple CTI Route Points linked together.

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi Tony, that's a nice way of trying to make this work, but as Rob has already mentioned, there is a limitation to the number of calls handled by a CTI RP.

You can just send callers to Unity via a RP or even a CTI port and then play a recorded greeting and then put some caller inputs and transfer the call to the meetme number.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Tony, can you please let me know what you are trying to achieve when you are doing an "announce and supervised transfer to the conferencing phone"? Can you please explain how all the involved parties are trying to join the meetme conf?

Normally, for meet me, a phone should initiate the meetme conference (using the meetme softkey) and then other phones should just call the meetme number.

Regards,

Suman

Sumen,

What we are trying to achieve is to make the conferencing more user friendly and professional by having Unity supervise the transfer of the callers into the conference. Here is what happens:

Phone starts the meetme conference. caller calls the meetme number. That call comes into CCM and hits a CTI route point. The number of the cti route point is set to call forward all to Unity. Unity forwards the call to a call handler that does a supervised transfer to the meetme conference phone. The unity call handler asks the caller "who may I say is calling" caller speaks their name. The conference phone gets a call from Unity which speaks the caller's stated name and then it asks the conference administrator to press 1 to accept or 2 to refuse. Again it works except for the fact that if two callers call in at the same time it seems like Unity cannot handle the supervised transfer of two simultaneous callers and sends one to voicemail because it cannot achieve the simultaneous supervised transfer.

Thanks for responding. Hope this helps.

Tony

Hi Tony, that's a nice way of trying to make this work, but as Rob has already mentioned, there is a limitation to the number of calls handled by a CTI RP.

You can just send callers to Unity via a RP or even a CTI port and then play a recorded greeting and then put some caller inputs and transfer the call to the meetme number.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I re-worked the Call Handler not to do a supervised transfer into the Meetme Conference and it seems to work fine now. To bad, because it was really slick with the supervised transfer.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

I love this idea :) Really, this is a great one! The problem here is with the CTI Route Point only allowing one call at a time. The recommended method for this type of setup is to have callers call into Unity (receive the Opening Greeting) and then dial the Meet-Me number (in this case the Call Handler). This way multiple simultaineous calls can be handled.

Cisco also recommends changing the Opening Greeting so that Outside callers know to enter the Meet-Me number.

Hope this helps! You may be able to do something with Multiple CTI Route Points linked together.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: