cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) messages are not being played in their full length

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

Users are complaining that only 30 seconds of the messages are playing. This server was just rebuilt the other night. I just lodaed another license file on that said full length message licensed. Do I have to restart Unity for the change to take effect? I didn't think you had too.

exchange07 is my mail server.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

A restart is required

Converting a Cisco Unity Demonstration System to a Standard System

Do the following procedure after you have ordered and received the license file for a standard Cisco Unity system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note To add failover to the system after you have converted the demonstration system to a standard system, refer to the "Adding Failover to the Cisco Unity SystemAdding Failover to the Cisco Unity System When Exchange Is Already on a Separate Server" section in the "Adding Features to the Cisco Unity System" chapter of the Cisco Unity Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Convert a Demonstration System to a Standard System

Step 1 Log on to Windows by using the Cisco Unity installation account.

Step 2 Exit the Cisco Unity software.

Step 3 Double-click the Cisco Unity Tools Depot icon on the desktop.

Step 4 Under Administration Tools, double-click License File Install Wizard.

Step 5 On the Welcome screen of the wizard, click Next.

Step 6 Click the name of the demonstration license file (CiscoUnity40.lic or the time-limited license file), and click Delete to remove the demonstration license file from the list. (The file will not be deleted from your local system.)

Step 7 Click Add.

Step 8 Insert the Cisco Unity license file disk, if applicable.

(When Cisco Unity was registered on Cisco.com, Cisco replied with an e-mail containing an attached file with licenses for Cisco Unity features. The instructions in the e-mail directed that the attached file be saved.)

Step 9 Browse to drive A or to the location where the license files have been stored.

Step 10 Double-click the license file to add it to the License Files list.

If prompted, click Yes to copy the license file to the local system.

Step 11 If you are adding more than one license file, click Add, and repeat Step 9 and Step 10 for each license file.

Step 12 Click Next.

Step 13 In the Licenses list, confirm that the license information is correct.

Step 14 Click Next.

Step 15 Click Finish.

Step 16 Restart the Cisco Unity server.

Step 17 If you are not adding voice ports, skip to Step 19.

Step 18 Configure Cisco Unity to use the additional ports:

a. On the Cisco Unity server desktop, double-click the Cisco Unity Tools Depot icon.

b. Under Switch Integration Tools, double-click Telephone Integration Manager.

c. In the left pane, click .

d. In the right pane, click .

e. Click the Ports tab.

f. Click Add Port.

g. Enter the settings for the voice messaging ports. Refer to the procedure "To Enter the Voice Messaging Port Settings for the Integration" in the applicable Cisco Unity integration guide.

h. When prompted, restart the Cisco Unity server.

Step 19 If you are not adding languages or the RealSpeak text-to-speech engine, you are finished converting the demonstration system to a

From this good Unity 4.2(1) doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp43062

Hope this helps!

Rob

I will gie it a try but I donot have the the demo license loaded anymore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: