cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 transfer fails to CUCM 6

dual_line
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 5.0.1 integrated with CUCM6.1.2.

I'm experiencing a problem with a CH that I have created to play a prompt and then provide 'Caller System Transfer' after pressing 1 on the keypad.

It works fine until Unity attempts to transfer the call back to an extension in CUCM. I get two short tones and the call drops. I receive the following error in event viewer:

CiscoUnity_TSP 109

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 5 (Cisco Unity port 1): Failed blind transfer to extension 8596. Reorder tone detected.

If this is a persistent problem it may indicate a problem on the Cisco Unity and/or CUCM/CCM servers. Verify that transfers are working.

I've also tried transfering directly from a CH to a single extension but this also fails.

My voicemail ports on CUCM are configured with a device/line CSS that allows calls to extensions and MWI is working correctly.

Are there any potential issues with a non patched base version of Unity 5 and CUCM6.1.2, maybe TSP version?

I'd like to add that I've never tested transfers from Unity to CUCM extensions on this system so please assume that it has never worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi d_l,

I would really take another look at the CSS assigned to the Unity Ports. This reference;

Cisco Unity-CM TSP device 5 (Cisco Unity port 1): Failed blind transfer to extension 8596. Reorder tone detected.

Means that when the Unity Port tried to transfer to 8596 it received Reorder Tone.

You would expect to receive Reorder when the call is restricted by the CSS.

Try configuring an IP Phone with the exact same Device/Line CSS and try calling 8596. My guess is that this will fail as well, if so, try new CSS combo's on the IP Phone until this call is possible. Then try assigning this CSS to the Unity Ports.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi d_l,

I would really take another look at the CSS assigned to the Unity Ports. This reference;

Means that when the Unity Port tried to transfer to 8596 it received Reorder Tone.

You would expect to receive Reorder when the call is restricted by the CSS.

Try configuring an IP Phone with the exact same Device/Line CSS and try calling 8596. My guess is that this will fail as well, if so, try new CSS combo's on the IP Phone until this call is possible. Then try assigning this CSS to the Unity Ports.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, it was a CSS issue after all. Yet again you've saved my bacon! :)

It was my understanding that the line / device CSS of the VM ports would concatenate but after testing it seems only the line CSS is used for inbound calls from Unity.

Would you be able to confirm this is correct?

Hi d_l,

Good stuff! I wish that I had a great answer to describe the Line/Device CSS relationship...but just keep these rules in mind;

If you configure a calling search space both on an IP phone line and on the device (phone) itself, Cisco Unified CallManager concatenates the two calling search spaces and places the line's calling search space in front of the device's calling search space.

Keeping in mind how the line calling search space and the device calling search space for each given IP phone are combined within Cisco Unified CallManager, and how the line calling search space partitions appear first in the resulting calling search space (see Calling Privileges in Cisco Unified CallManager), you can apply the following general rules to the line/device approach:

•Use the device calling search space to provide call routing information (for example, which gateway to select for PSTN calls).

•Use the line calling search space to provide class-of-service information (for example, which calls to allow).

Described in detail in the CCM - SRND;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl.html#wp1044899

And nicely shown here;

Voice Dial Plan Interactive Voice Network Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f54af.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob