cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 - Call handler supervised transfer loop

dual_line
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with CUCM7 integrated with Unity 7.

I am experiencing an issue with Unity 7 where a supervised transfer from a call handler that is then looped back to a Unity mailbox or second call handler is looping the original call handler's prompt.

I have a call handler setup to play an initial 'your call will be recorded' announcement before forwarding the call back out to CUCM and ultimately a 3rd party contact centre. The call handler is configured to play it's standard greeting with the after greeting action set to attempt transfer for the same handlers alternate transfer setting. This is configured as the DN for a CTI route point for the contact centre. The call handler is set for supervised transfer

The issue I have is that if the contact centre does not pass the call to an agent and for example the caller is sent back to a voicemail mailbox in Unity the original call handler 'call recorded' prompt is played in a continuous loop and the destination mailbox prompt is never received.

This only affects looped calls into Unity when the 'supervised' transfer setting is enabled. If I change this to 'release to switch' the call is routed to the mailbox correctly. Both types of calls look identical in the 'call viewer' tool within the Unity Tools Depot which is causing the confusion.

I can only assume that a supervised transfer loop is not supported somehow but any confirmation of this or assistance to create a workaround would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe this is expected behavior for Call Handler supervised transfers.  Essentially, with supervised transfer Unity is waiting for the call to be answered within a set number of rings.  If it is not, the call is pulled back into Unity and the Call Handler greeting will be replayed.

See: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/BulkEdit/Help/Transfer1.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe this is expected behavior for Call Handler supervised transfers.  Essentially, with supervised transfer Unity is waiting for the call to be answered within a set number of rings.  If it is not, the call is pulled back into Unity and the Call Handler greeting will be replayed.

See: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/BulkEdit/Help/Transfer1.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Ok, thanks for the link to that useful document.

Is it possible to have Unity answer a looped call? Is there a default loop avoidance mechanism at work in this particular call flow?

I thought I'd follow this up as there are many posts on this subject without resolutions and this might help somebody.

I managed to resolve the issue by creating a second call handler after the initial announcement which transfers the call through to the second CTI port. As described by David when this transfer fails Unity will proceed to the greeting rules but this time for the second call handler. For the hairpinned call the standard greeting of the second handler is played which gives me the option to do whatever I like with the call eg. take a message, forward to another handler, caller input IVR style etc.

Good repost.  +5 to you for that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: