cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 8.6 emailing VMs to Office365

David Coelho
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office trying to get voicemails emailed to them after the convert to Office365. They are well aware MWI lights will not be working with this change.

I see publication on creating a Smart Host but my Exchange guy does not really know what that entails. I am Googling it but thought I would pick peoples brains here.

I have not been able to get Unity to send to any external emails.

Thanks for your direction in this!

David

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Smart host is essentially an SMTP gateway that CXN can send email to over unauthenticated SMTP relay. In other words, the server must blindly accept mail from CXN and be able to relay it on to it's final destination. CXN just wants a next hop to dump the mail off to and then wash it's hands of any further responsibility.

To my knowledge, Office 365 doesn't allow this natively as it would be massively vulnerable to SPAM. Other customers I have worked with who moved to Office365 seem to retain a single Exchange server on-premise (i.e. hybrid mode) where internal applications can relay mail to. Alternatively, you may want to consider Single Inbox which is supported with Office365 instead of the SMTP notification device.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Not sure how to set up Single Inbox with 365. Doesn;t it require AD credentials?

This is only one remote office.

Is there a way just to send an email out to them, without MWI or anything along those lines?

Thank you very much for your help!

Try this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg025.html#wp1214680

which has a task list of all the steps necessary to get it to work. Take your time to read it.

and yes you will need a domain service account., you grant it the rights necessary for Connection to perform operations on behalf of the user. 

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: