Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity call handler - Transfer Rules

Steve Baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Call Handler setup to perform a supervised transfer to an extension number. I have selected "Ask for Caller's Name" from the Call screening and this works fine. The problem I have is the lenght of time given to record the callers name. I haven't recorded exactly how long it gives but at the moment it is far too long. Is there anyway of setting the time allowed for recording the name?

Unity Connection V7.0.1

Thanks

Steve

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve -

I believe Ask Caller's Name record length is defined by the subscriber's class of service, Maximum length in the Recorded Name section.  The default is 30 seconds.  Callers can hit the # sign to stop the recording early.  In the auto attendant or directory handler that is being used prior to transferring the call, you could include this information to callers.

Sincerely, Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the response. The # key does indeed end the recording early however I would still like to shorten the recording length and I'm not too sure that COS is where this is set. On each class of service we have the setting is at 30 seconds where as the caller is getting 10 seconds to record their name.

Perhaps it would help if I explain what I've setup so far. We had a request to setup Meet-Me conferences with a PIN number for access. As far as I am aware this cannot be done for Meet-Me without some extra kit or software? To try to get around this and create a "fake" pin I have done the following.

Setup a Meet-Me number as 8348.

Created a CTI Route Point with extension 4901.

Created 2 System Call handlers. One as 4901 which plays a greeting and asks the caller to enter a PIN number.

The other is setup on 46985 (the fake PIN) and is configured to do a supervised transfer to 8348. Options selected in call screening are "Tell Me When the Call is Connected" and "Ask for Callers Name".

Anyone dialing 4901 is put through to the System call handler where they hear a greeting and are then asked to enter a PIN number. This message repeats itself until a number is entered.

The caller dials 46985 which puts them through to the other System Call Handler. They hear the system default message "Please may I say who is calling" and can then record their name. It is at this point that they are given the 10 seconds to record their name which to be honest is a bit too long.

Any ideas if this can be changed?