cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 2.0 on VMWare

HYE WILSON
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully installed the UC20 on WMWare Workstation? I have tried to installed it a few times without success. When it tries to reboot, it says that it can't find a primary partition. I appreciate anyone's advice.

TIA,

HYW.

4 Replies 4

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

This is the workaround for the issue:

Use the SQL Enterprise Manager, and browse to the SQL database named UnityDirDb. Open and view the tbl_InstalledLanguage table.

Verify that there are four rows of data. Each row should have 'LanguageCode' = 1033, and 'Loaded' = 1. For each rows, the LanguageType should be 0, 1, 2, 3 respectively.

If the previously mentioned data does not match, update the table row entries accordingly. Exit and Save the table, and restart the Cisco Unity Connection.

I am a bit confused here. I don't have SQL EM installed in my W2K where I have VMWare is running. And I didn't know that the UC still uses the SQL db to store info.

Thanks,

HYW

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

What size did you set for the hard drive before you starting the install in VMWare Workstation? I haven't tried UC20 yet but I have found the drive size needs to be set pretty high in newer versions of other software. Set something like 80GB drive size and see if that helps.

I tried to reinstall it with the hd size of 30G. This time it went further into the installation. It finished copying files from the DVD and then tried to install applications from the HD. When it tried to install(heading said, post database install, I think)the database, the installatin progressed up to about 35% and then ran up the CPU usage to 100% and it never finished the installation. I tried a couple of times with the same symptom. I am actually doing this with the VMWARE server. Do you know whether it makes any difference whether it is VMWARE server or workstation. I don't really know much about VMWARE. TIA, hywilson.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: