Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Super Bronze

Unity connection 7.1.5 Auto attendant greetings issue

Guys,

I am trying to use UC fotr auto attendant for a simple AA. I have created a call handler, recorded the appriopriate greetings (welcome greeting) on the call handler. However each time a call comes into the CH, its playing the recorded name greeting eg..

What I mean is this..The recorded greeting is "welcome to XYX, press 1 for this, press 2 for that"

When a call comes into the CH, users hear " sorry...welcome to XYX, press 1 for this, press 2 for that".

So unity connection is playing the greeting as a user recorded message. eg "sorry Deji Okanlawon is not available"

I have recordeda diffrenet standard greeting, created a call routing rule to send a callf or the CH to greetings, but it keeps playing the sorry and then the prompt.

Ideas guys?

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
  • IP Telephony
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity connection 7.1.5 Auto attendant greetings issue

Have you tried recreating the call handler from scratch?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
VIP Super Bronze

Java,

I created another CH and the same thing happened. So its a strange issue. because Initially when I had this problem, I selected to use "My personal recording" on the greetings instead of system default and it worked and all of a sudden its not working!  Should I escalate this to TAC beacuse I believe this shuld be simple enough

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hey Deji,

Hope all is well my friend

Can you try setting up a new CH like Java nicely suggested. Do not record

a recorded name at all. Then from greetings page choose the Alternate Greeting

Enabled with "no end date" and record your Personal Greeting at this point. Then test

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
VIP Super Bronze

Rob,

Thanks. Very weird one this one. I have done just that. I created a new CH, without a recorded name and then recorded a standard greeting. That did tyhe trick. Strange!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hey buddy!

Nice work Deji Sometimes just going through the process a gain makes all the difference.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: are you using ATM for Unity Connection for creating the Call Handlers. It's really

a fine tool!!

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
Views
Helpful
Replies