Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1 Auto-Attendant

I follow all instructions about configuring AutoAttendant on Unity Connection and CUCM, first of all on CUCM I created a "CTI Route Point" pointing to a dummy extension and forward all to VM Pilot or first voice mail port extension (I tried with both), then on Unity Connection I "System Call Handler" with the extension configured before as dummy, just for testing I record a message and configure a caller input with 0 key.

My problem could be with partitions, on CTI route point extension, I configured with VM partition, and when I dial AA extension, the system says that the system could not reach the dialed number, then I configured CTI route point extension with VM Ports partition, and I can hear nothing after dialing AA extension.

Don't know exactly what I'm doing wrong or what is missing, it will be very helpful if someone could give some ideas where to look at.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

No.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Following on

Once you have created a CTI RP - 1234 ( users dial this number to access AA)

Forward all to the VM profile

As long as you can "see" the CIT RP partition from your device then you should be ok as far as CUCM config. is

If you want to hide the CTI RP then

Create a new Partition called "pt_AA_Partition"

Create a CSS called "CCS_AA_SERVICE"

Add partition above into the new CSS

Re-number the CTI RP from 1234 to so 5555

Add the same partition to the CTI RP

Translation

Create a new Translation of the 1234 - DN you want users to dial to access the AA

Assign your nornal internal partition to it

Assign the new CCS "CCS_AA_SERVICE"

Set the called MASK to be 5555

Now callers will dial your AA DD 1234 , hit the the translation and translates to 5555

In CUC , set the call routing forwarding rule to be "Equal to 5555", assign your system handler to it and then configure the system handler as the AA- Caller input, greetings etc

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to FW to the VM pilot or to a VM port, and BTW in a good design, you should NEVER be able to dial a VM port directly. Also, FW to the 1st VM port means that you can always only handle one call.

You create a CTI, add a DN, configure it with a VM profile and set it to CFA to VM.

And what you're doing with those partitions is totally wrong, the VM pilot and VM port partitions are ONLY to be used if you're configuring a  VM pilot or a VM port. They are not to be used in anything else.

As long as the phone you're dialing from can reach the CTI RP DN partition that's all you need.

In CUC the call handler should have the same DN as the one you used in the CTI RP DN.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java for your time answering my doubt, I understand the requirements taht you said, I just did that trying to fix it.

I follow the instructions that you wrote (Create CTI, add a DN, configure it with a VM profile and set it to CFA to VM) and it's the same behaviour, the call can't be complete it,  One question, the Call Handler needs to be created as a "System Call Handlers" or as "Directory Handlers"??

Thanks again,

Juan Carlos

If you get a "your call cannot be completed as dialed..." that CSS/partitions problem. You need to fix that.

In CUC you need system call handler.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java, does the CTI has to be registered??

Thanks for your help.

No.

HTH

java

HTH

java

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Following on

Once you have created a CTI RP - 1234 ( users dial this number to access AA)

Forward all to the VM profile

As long as you can "see" the CIT RP partition from your device then you should be ok as far as CUCM config. is

If you want to hide the CTI RP then

Create a new Partition called "pt_AA_Partition"

Create a CSS called "CCS_AA_SERVICE"

Add partition above into the new CSS

Re-number the CTI RP from 1234 to so 5555

Add the same partition to the CTI RP

Translation

Create a new Translation of the 1234 - DN you want users to dial to access the AA

Assign your nornal internal partition to it

Assign the new CCS "CCS_AA_SERVICE"

Set the called MASK to be 5555

Now callers will dial your AA DD 1234 , hit the the translation and translates to 5555

In CUC , set the call routing forwarding rule to be "Equal to 5555", assign your system handler to it and then configure the system handler as the AA- Caller input, greetings etc

I work with a production CUCM 6.1.5 pub / sub and a CUC Pub / Sub 7.1.3 and am trying to set up an AA.

Are the steps you outlined above able to be created on a production platform without affecting day to day operations?

Also, are the steps you outline fairly close to what needs to be done?

My scenario is that I have to set up an AA for 20 new users in Beijing China.  I have both the CUCM & CUC Sys Admin Guides but was hoping for high level steps where I could then dig into whatever detailed needed per the Guides.

I can set up a few phones at my desk and have them register to a North American CUCM & CUC to test prior to roll out.

Are your steps outlined above basically what I am looking for ?

Yes, that should do it for you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thank Keith…!

Thanks,

Ron Marx

Global Voice Team

marxrr@corning.com

Hi Ronald,

I highly recommend using ATM (Audio text manager) from the great Unity

Tools when building AA's in Unity Connection. Have a look at the tool and

training/help videos here

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Cheers!

Rob

Really Appreciate the INSIGHT… Thank You…!!!!!

Thanks,

Ron Marx

Global Voice Team

marxrr@corning.com