Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 messages from external (not in Unity Database) caller

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i configured my Unity Connection 7 to relay messages to Phone and mailbox. This is my problem:

- when i receive a message from a caller that Unity recognizes (User or Contact in Unity database) i'm able to see (in the email message) the number of the sender.

- when i receive a message from an unknown caller (could be a not registered internal user or simply a message from PSTN) i'm NOT able to see the number of the sender (in the email message)

My question is: as the CUCM is able to see the number of an external PSTN caller and trasfers the call to Unity Connection, why Unity is not able to record that kind of number ? I suppose Unity can be able to do it because i'm simply doing a transfer from the IP Phone DN to the Unity Voice Pilot.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

d.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to see "Message from Unknown sender (1231231234)" in UC8.0(3).  I checked the release notes for 8.x and it doesn't seem to be a new feature.  Hmm.

I wonder if the Playback Message Settings has any relevance?  I'm sort of grasping but trying to be engaged.  

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Have a look at the "subject Line" info from Alex in this recent thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3207765#3207765

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thank you: i read the post and solved the problem changing the "Outside Caller Messages" option under "Subject Line Formats" menù. I post the right value for someone that could have the same problem in the future:

Outside Caller Messages: Messaggio %D% da %CALLERID%

the same value in the attachment of post you linked

Good to hear you have a solution.

%D% %U% %P% Message from %NAME% (%CALLERID%)

Is the default in 8.0(2), which must have changed from 7.x

Yes, the key action is to put %CALLERID%...in my language and in Unity 7 is not the default.

Hey Rob,

You are most welcome my friend

Thanks for posting back with your results +5

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: