cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5.1 SU3 install fails (VMWare)

wouter.hammer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm trying to install Unity Connection 8.5.1 SU3 in my lab environment. I'm running vmware server. Half way through my installation I get an error message (see attachement) Because the error says there is something wrong with the MD5 hash i thought the ISO i've downloaded was corrupted, so I downloaded it 3 times and everytime this error returns. Do you guy's have any idea what this problem could be?

Thank you in advance!30-11-2011 15-13-16.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Wouter,

Check this note from the Docwiki for virtualization as i noted you

are using AMD processor;

Specs-Based Hardware Requirements for running Cisco Unified Communications on VMware ESXi 4.0 and later

Processor Requirements

Servers must have Intel Xeon 5600 or 7500 series of processors with minimum physical core speed of 2.53 GHz. No other processor vendors or models are supported. Processors with slower speeds are not supported. Intel Xeon 6500 series is not supported. Intel E7-xxxx series are not supported.

Total physical core count required is based on the sum of UC virtual machine core requirements and the co-residency support policy).

Recall that physical CPU cores may not be over-subscribed for UC VMs at this time (one physical CPU core = one vCPU core).

Cisco TAC will not troubleshoot performance problems in deployments with insufficient physical processor cores or speed.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support#Processor_Requirements

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Sorry if this is way off base, but you mention "install" not "upgrade" so

I thought you may be trying to use this .iso as a "build" version

The service update posted on Cisco.com can be used only to upgrade to Connection 8.5. It cannot be

used to install a new Connection 8.5 server or to migrate from Connection 1.x to 8.5.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/55463/851su3cucrm.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hey, do you mind sharing your vmware hardware resouces created for Unity Connection 8.5?

I do believe it may be resouce problem and also response drop between the vm machines and the host machine. I experienced upgrading CUC from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2a and encounter the same issue...telling me corrupted iso file or etc. In the end it was my host machine that is responding too slow and I have to increase the resources allocated for Unity vm machine. Finally did upgrade successfully after increased the resource and less processing on host machine. (Just need to take note on your host machine CPU utilization as well)

Thank you for your fast replies!

@Rob: I've editted the ISO file and added the boot information so I could install it. I've done it before with CUCM iso's. So maybe there is something new in Unity Connection that checks this?

@tacl75: Here are some screendumps from my hardware settings:

Try 4GB RAM and 2 processors.

For my, i am using vmware workstations version. I have allocated 4GB RAM to make it work and installed. Upgrading from 8.5.1 to 8.6.2a needs 6GB RAM for my case.

I will try that tonight. I'll let you know as soon as it has been installed (or not)

Thank you very much!

I've tried it with the settings you've recommended. But I still get the same error. I'll search for an original install disc to see if it's not a ISO problem. Thanks so far!

Hey you can try using other version like 8.5.1 or 8.0.2 and upgrade to 8.5.1SU3 later on. See if it works too.

Hi Wouter,

Check this note from the Docwiki for virtualization as i noted you

are using AMD processor;

Specs-Based Hardware Requirements for running Cisco Unified Communications on VMware ESXi 4.0 and later

Processor Requirements

Servers must have Intel Xeon 5600 or 7500 series of processors with minimum physical core speed of 2.53 GHz. No other processor vendors or models are supported. Processors with slower speeds are not supported. Intel Xeon 6500 series is not supported. Intel E7-xxxx series are not supported.

Total physical core count required is based on the sum of UC virtual machine core requirements and the co-residency support policy).

Recall that physical CPU cores may not be over-subscribed for UC VMs at this time (one physical CPU core = one vCPU core).

Cisco TAC will not troubleshoot performance problems in deployments with insufficient physical processor cores or speed.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support#Processor_Requirements

Cheers!

Rob

Once again thank you for your replies! I've started from scratch. I've downloaded 8.5.1 10000-26 - reinstalled VMware server and created a new virtual machine with the following specs:

Processors: 2

Memory:4096mb

HD: 300GB

SCSI Controller: LSI Logic SAS

With this software and this hardware settings it installed with no problems at all. The only thing that's bugging me now is what went wrong with the previous installs.....

Thank you all for thinking with me!