Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 - Administrator password expired

Not applicable

To access the Cisco Unified OS Administration web console, I entered the administrator credentials we created at installation and received a page stating the password was expired and to enter a new password.  Is this administrator account governed by one of the default authentication rules - "Recommended Voice Mail Authentication Rule" or "Recommended Web Application Authentication Rule"?

If so, and I change the rule to "Credential Expires After" = Never Expires, will the "password expired" prompt go away and the system allow us to continue using the current password? 

We count on this administrator account to give us access to the web admin consoles in the event that ldap fails and we have no other way to get logged into these web consoles, so we would like the password to stay the same unless we decide to change it!

Thanks

6 Replies 6

jamesalston
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to just go to the password settings for your admin account and check the Does Not Expire box.

That is one of the first things I tried to do, but that account does not appear in Users.

The OS admin account does not use any authentication rules, are you sure you remember it correctly? The OS account is different from the Application account and should never expire.

Chris

Chris, I think you are onto something here...

We chose the same username/password combo for each admin account we configured at the time of installation.  Looking at this more closely now, I can see that when I open the login to the OS Admin web console, I can log in without the "password expired" prompt.  When I open the login page for CUC Admin or the other admin consoles, I get the "password expired" prompt.

So it looks like the OS Admin account actually is ok, but the password for the Application account has expired.  As I mentioned above, I don't see this account in the User list and wonder if there is some way to control the password settings.

Thanks

speaking about the application account you say you don't see it listed but what if you typed it in during a search on say the alias. Once you've found it then go to the password settings  and check the box

Excellent!  Thank you all for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: