cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 - How can I administratively delete the subscriber recorded name

Andy Backus
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that just wants the system default standard greeting to use extensions for everyone

i.e. "Hello, you have reached extension 1234, please leave a message".

I have changed the system default to use the extension as opposed to the text to audio of the name.

(uncheck Advanced->Conversation->

Unfortunately, I have many subscribers that have recorded names so those need to be cleared.  I have searched the

manuals, forums, online,... no luck.

Any ideas?    Hope fully something very easy under my nose  :-)

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

The best way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from

the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **). I just it out for this purpose

and it worked like a charm

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox, resetting greetings, deleting voice names, resetting passwords, removing private lists and a number of other options you may choose.  For installations where the user base “changes over” frequently such as schools this may be a nicer option.  This option is also allowed for CoRes installations since it does not involve the removal of user objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

The best way with Unity Connection is with the use of this excellent tool from

the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **). I just it out for this purpose

and it worked like a charm

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox, resetting greetings, deleting voice names, resetting passwords, removing private lists and a number of other options you may choose.  For installations where the user base “changes over” frequently such as schools this may be a nicer option.  This option is also allowed for CoRes installations since it does not involve the removal of user objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!!!!

Performed first few and it worked like a champ! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: